Skip to main content

The Best Knockoff Recipe For Zuppa Toscana

Olive Garden Soup Recipe

I don't know about you but when it's Winter in San Diego, I think of comfort food! So, because it's one of those rare days, I'm going to share with you one of my favorite recipes that makes for quick and easy meal..especially when its chilly outside!

If you have ever had the Zuppa Toscana at Olive Garden then you'll love this recipe. Whenever I have a good foodie experience at a restaurant I like to create my own knock off version in the comfort of my own kitchen.

I'm going to share with you the ultimate recipe for Zuppa Toscana, Luxe Style! Typically I like to shop at Sprouts for my ingredients but today I shortened my commute by walking across the street to Vons for a quick round up. Here's what I found for sale..

The Secret of a Successful Soup Recipe is the freshest ingredients possible with a pinch of love!


Olive Garden Soup Recipe

Ingredients
1 lbs. of your favorite Italian sausage.
1 1/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes.
4 slices of bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
1 diced yellow onion.
1 tablespoon minced garlic.
5 cans of chicken broth.
6 russet potatoes thinly sliced.
1 cup heavy cream.
1 small bunch of fresh spinach

Cooking Instructions
Prep Time 15 min.
Cook Time 45 min.
  • Cook sausage and red pepper flakes over medium heat on the stove top until browned (10-15m), drain out grease. 
  • Remove cooked sausage and in same pan cook bacon. When bacon is finished leave a teaspoon of drippings, add garlic, onions and saute until soft/translucent (5min). 
  • Pour chicken broth into pan with garlic and onions and bring to a boil. 
  • Add potatoes and boil until fork tender (15-20m). 
  • Reduce heat to simmer, stir in heavy cream and cooked sausage. 
  • Stir thoroughly for a few minutes and add spinach just before serving!

How many calories are in a serving of Zuppa Toscana

1 serving 170 calories
36 calories from fat

Olive Garden Soup recipe minus spinach

Ways to burn off 1 serving of Zuppa Toscana!

Walk for 45 min.
Jog for 20 min.
Cycle for 25 min.
Swim for 15 min.

Quick Tip: You can make this recipe with or without the spinach, it is delicious both ways. We have also done a variation with kale instead of spinach.



Popular posts from this blog

Taco Tuesday Dessert Style

#TacoTuesday | Dessert Tacos We all LOVE tacos right?!?


In 1954, Glen Bell opens up a little taco stand called Taco Tia.

In 1962, Downey California, he opens up what would become the first Mexican Fast Food franchise - TACO BELL.

HUNGRY? Get Restaurant Food Delivered To You Right Now!

Order your favorite meal from San Diego's Best Restaurants!